Considering the different forms of stress we experience and the impact they have on the body, it is extremely important to engage in activities that will help you release emotions and physical and chemical stress on a daily basis. Unresolved emotional disturbances are a precursor to depression and can intensify emotions such as fear and anger.
- Would you categorize yourself as depressed?
- Are you always tired?
- Do you keep everything bottled up?
- Do you feel like you want to explode?
- Do you feel like you want to cry?
- Are you desperate for a massage?
- Vent with friends
- Pound a pillow
- Laugh and cry
- Exercise and practice yoga
- Get therapeutic treatments such as massage or chiropractic
- Breathe deeply
Resources & Recommended Reading
- WebMD Stress Management Health Center
- Chakras from myss.com
- Deepak Chopra “Stress Free” App for iPhone
- Winter Walking Guide from the American Heart Association startwalkingnow.org
- Life After Stress by Martin Shaffer, Ph.D.
- Full Catastrophe Living: Using the Wisdom of Your Body and Mind to Face Stress, Pain, and Illnessby Jon Kabat-Zinn
- The Relaxation Response by M.D. Herbert Benson and Miriam Z. Klipper
- Restful Sleep by Deepak Chopra, M.D.