As unorthodox as it may sound, there are no victims. You can learn from every experience. It really is a matter of how you choose to see things. You can choose to allow a situation to devastate you, or you can accept the circumstances at the moment and reduce your stress significantly. In addition, those that hurt us are often acting out on their own pain and insecurity. And forgiving them only helps to release us from the pain and resentment attached to the experience.
- Have you been hurt deeply by someone in your past?
- Do you feel victimized?
- Are you having trouble in your current relationships?
- Do you have a hard time letting go?
- Identify a possible misunderstanding in the situation.
- Find a positive; something you learned from the situation.
- Clear the air with those who have hurt you.
- If conversation is not possible, vent with a friend.
- Consider forgiving them and yourself.
- Consider letting go of your resentments, they only hurt you in the long run.