Technology is our way of life. Between computers, smart phones, television, and video games, when do our eyes get a rest? Did you know that focusing eyes in this way overuses eye muscles and causes symptoms like dry eyes, blurred vision, headaches, dizziness, nausea, and reading problems.
- Look away from your computer every 1/2 hour.
- Focus your eyes at a distance.
- Do eye rolls twice a day in both direction.
- Rest your eyes by closing them frequently.
- Consult an Ophthalmologist
- Do everything suggested for prevention
- Spend of a minimum of 3 days completely off the computer.
- Keep your eyes closed as much as possible during the 3 day period
- Spend time focusing eyes at a distance
- Do some deep breathing, focusing on your eyes
Special thanks to David Knight from Music and Sound for Video for suggesting this topic and sharing his tips.
Inspired by the book, The Magic of Succeeding: Baby-Stepping Your Thoughts, Goals, and Life