Starving yourself for weight loss is not the answer. It slows your metabolism and deprives your body of much needed nutrients. To lose weight you must eat the right foods, manage your stress, and exercise.
- See your weight loss as a goal instead of something to overcome.
- Start slow. Do not be tempted to make drastic changes too quickly.
- Eat freshly prepared food. Include lots of lots veggies, brown rice (not white rice), sweet potatoes (not white potatoes), poultry, fish, and fresh fruit (not canned). Avoid fast food and sugary snacks.
- Take breaks throughout your day so you can rest your eyes, stretch, and breathe deeply.
- Ask your doctor if it’s safe for you to go out for brisk walks, and build from there.
- The American Heart Association’s START WALKING NOW program
Inspired by the book, The Magic of Succeeding: Baby-Stepping Your Thoughts, Goals, and Life