BoundlessBarre. Classic ballet barre with a twist. A workout-inspired barre class for more strength, cardio, and flexibility. Ballet Barre exercises in alternating intensity for muscle strengthening, cardio, and calorie burning benefits. Perfect for dancers or anyone looking for a transformative workout targeting the lower body, core and arms. All set to world-inspired music you can move to. No ballet experience is required. Wear comfortable clothing, socks or dance shoes you can point your feet in.
- Lower Body Strength
- Full Body Workout
- Calorie Burning
- Core Training
- Posture & Balance
- Low Impact Cardio
How is BoundlessBarre different from other Barre-inspired workouts?
- We follow the basic structure of ballet barre with vast modification, emphasizing movement over ballet technique.
- We alternate between slow, low intensity and fast, high intensity exercises for more calorie burning effects.
- We point our feet. The ballet point engages muscles in the legs and feet for greater muscle strengthening benefits.
- 85% of the class is executed at the barre with 10 minutes for planking and stretch on the floor for additional core and flexibility work.
- During exercises, we hold not pulse. Pulsing is done only in between exercises for muscle relief.
What are the origins of BoundlessBarre? BoundlessBarre was created exclusively for JourneySpace by Maggie Hernandez-Knight under the advisement of a medical professional trained in physical therapy.
Will other studios offer BoundlessBarre in the future? Yes. We envision the development of a training program for BoundlessBarre teachers in the future.